Ladders and step ladders are still by far the most widely used form of access equipment with a wide range of applications spanning endeavors from industrial, proffessional, public and private sectors. They are safe and easy to use, provided the operator chooses the right ladder for the task at hand, and as long as the ladder is correctly used and maintained.
Things to consider before purchasing a ladder:
1. What grade ladder do you need?
- Class 1: Industrial - heavy duty, everyday use
- Class 2: Trade - professional use
- Class 3: Domestic - household, DIY and occasional use
- Specialist - electrical, paint, scaffolding, roofing, window cleaning and surveyors
2. What duty rating do you need?
All ladders have a weight rating, in respect to their purpose:
- Industrial - 150 kg
- Trade - 110 kg
- Domestic - 95 kg
3. Do you have to purchase a ladder which complies with regulations?
When purchasing for industrial or trade, yes, there is a European standard for ladders, and the regulations state that without relevant quality standards, they cannot be used.
When purchasing for domestic use, no, but buying a ladder that complies with regulations carries the assurance that it has been manufactured to a specific standard and guarantees that it is safe.
4. Product suitability
The type of product you purchase depends on the purpose for which it is intended to be used. Our qualified sales staff are available to assist you in making the right decision before you purchase.
Free ladder users guide available on request.
Free catalouge available on request.